Monday 15 October 2012

college magazine evaluation:


For my preliminary task i created a front cover of a college magazine. Throughout the making i had one main idea that i kept all the way through whilst creating my magazine. I wanted my magazine to have the conventions of music and fashion, by making this possible i needed too use a female model on the cover and have cover lines that linked too music. My college magazine has the common conventions; masthead, date, bar code, and cover lines. My magazine targets college students and represents the college as a whole. By targeting my target audience i used cover lines and text that would appeal to them. I also tried to focus the colour scheme with reds, greens and browns as this was going to be the 'autumn' edition. My main image also relates to the target audience because its a student that attends wyke and the photo is took on wyke grounds.  
My main image is what i first planned to do. With the entrance to wyke being in the background it makes it more realistic and come too life rather than it be a plain background. Also the fact the model on the magazine is holding books and folders you instantly see a link too college and instantly know the magazine will be to do with college or a relation too that. The image is a very clear picture so you can see the models facial expressions, by the model smiling you see that she is happy which creates a sense that wyke is a happy place too be. 
The things i would change on my magazine is the layout. I am not too keen on the colour and size or the cover lines. I also could of done too add some more cover lines in as it looks quite boring. If i was too do this again i would definitely take more time positioning and finding suitable colours that stand out from the main image. 
When using photoshop i didnt edit my main image because i wanted the image to look as natural as possible and i didnt want it too be over edited. As this is a college magazine they is no need to edit the model etc. because its not a fashion magazine, my image is just a very natural image. The only tools i used on photoshop was the tool that makes the image bigger. i also used the text tool to create my masthead and cover lines.
Overall i am very happy and pleased with my final outcome. I achieved the targets i set my self and kept with my initial idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment